CompanyView More Stories >
8 Things You May Not Know About Working at Home Depot
We live by a simple premise by our founders: put customers and associates first, and the rest will take care of itself. Check out a few benefits of working at Home Depot that you may not have realized.
- Home Depot has a bonus program for all associates. In fact, we've paid out more than $1 billion in bonus checks over the past five years.
- We don’t send you home when it rains. You keep your schedule even if it slows down a little.
- About 80 percent of our store managers started as hourly associates.
- Half of our seasonal associates stay on after spring.
- If you do stay on, your days as a seasonal associate will apply to your eligibility for vacation, sick leave and other benefits.
- With more than 26,700 veteran’s homes transformed by Team Depot, our associate-led volunteer force, opportunities to give back in the community are endless.
- We support your higher education goals. Part-time, full-time and salaried associates can all receive tuition reimbursement for higher education courses.
- Our network of nearly 400,000 associates have your back in times of need. The Home Depot’s Homer Fund provides emergency financial assistance to our associates when crises like disasters and family illness strike.