ProductsView More Stories >
DEFEND YOUR HOME FROM HOUSE FIRES
When it comes to fire safety, you are the first line of defense in your home.
“Household fires are all too common, with a fire department responding on average to one every 24 seconds, according to the National Fire Prevention Association. That means it’s time to start layering fire protection into your home right now,” says Julia Buerger, Fire Safety Merchant at The Home Depot.
With October being National Fire Prevention Month, we want to give you the tools you need to keep your home and your family safe from fires.
Here is a quick check-list of easy-to-install devices to help protect your home:
- A combination smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarm distinguishes between cooking and fire smoke to detect real fires faster and reduce false alarms from cooking. The lithium-ion battery is good for ten years, so you can sleep easily.
- This carbon monoxide alarm for your hallway is super easy to install and includes both night light and escape light features.
- Our homes are powering more devices than ever before, so it’s important to protect your home from power surges that can result in dangerous electrical fires. Install this dual-function outlet, and you can safely charge everyone’s phones, tablets and computers!
- No home is complete without fire extinguishers on every floor. It is THE essential fire-fighting device. This dual-pack of extinguishers is primed to put out most common fires, and is easy to use for the whole family.
- An escape ladder is essential for any 2-story home. This version requires no assembly, is tangle free and can be quickly and easily put in place.
Visit www.homedepot.com/firesafety for more information.
Stay safe, everyone!