Community Impact Grants
The Home Depot Foundation offers grant awards up to $5,000 to 501c designated organizations (recognized and in good standing with the IRS for a minimum of one year) and tax-exempt public service agencies in the U.S. that are using the power of volunteers to improve the community. Grants are given in the form of The Home Depot gift cards for the purchase of tools, materials, or services and are required to be completed within six months of approval date.
UPDATE: The Community Impact Grant program will be closing Friday, December 14, due to budget reasons.
The items below should be considered before submitting an application:
We focus on serving veterans within local communities. Does your project benefit an individual, veteran family, or community of veterans? If not, is your organization providing support for diverse and underserved communities?
We feel strongly about empowering people to serve and give back to their community. How is your organization engaging the local community to better serve veterans in your community? Is your project volunteer friendly whereby you can engage people of all skill levels?
We engage organizations that are making a strong and lasting impact to their community. Will this project require continued support in the future? Is your organization prepared to continue with ongoing support as needed? How will you measure the impact and outcomes of this project?
Is your organization focused on ensuring ADA compliance and safety regulations are maintained? Whether your project involves community buildings, living facilities or individual homes this is the number one priority when it comes to rehabilitation or construction projects. Does your organization have policies in place to ensure volunteers are safe?
Please obtain the following documents before beginning the application:
- IRS Determination Letter or Form 990 (first page) - Proof that your organization has been recognized by the IRS for a minimum of one year.
- Detailed Project Budget – Itemized list of materials (and associated cost) required to complete the project
- You will receive a decision via email 4-6 weeks after submission. This application is scheduled to be open through December 14, 2018.
- Your project must begin within 6-12 weeks of application submission and be completed within the next 6 months. Please time your submission accordingly.
- If your organization is a school, park, community center or any organization being funded by local government, please use the link for "Government Funded Organizations".
- If this is a Team Depot project, DO NOT use links below. Please refer to the Team Depot Project Funding Request Form for the appropriate application link.