Supplier Diversity Qualifications
Required of All Participants
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or have U.S. Resident Alien Status.
Required of Women, Minority, LGBT or Veteran Owned Business Participants
- You qualify as a Women, Minority, LGBT or Veteran Owned Business if you are at least 51% owned, operated and/or controlled by a Woman/Women, Minority/Minorities, LGBT person or persons or Veteran/Veterans
- You must have a valid third party certification from an external certification agency, which includes:
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (Go to www.wbenc.org)
- National Women Business Owners Corporation (Go to www.nawbo.org)
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (Regional council certifications are valid) (Go to www.nmsdcus.org)
- U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (Go to www.uspaacc.com)
- State and Federal Government Agencies which certify M/WBEs (Minority/Women Business Enterprises) and DBEs (Diverse Business Enterprises) (Go to www.sba.gov)
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (Go to www.nglcc.org)
- Center for Veterans Enterprises (Go to www.vetbiz.gov)
- Veteran discharge papers
- To qualify as a Minority or Minorities, you must be within one of the following groups:
- African American - Origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa
- Asian American - Origins from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, the Philippines, Samoa, Guam, the U.S. Trust Territories of the Pacific or the Northern Marinaras
- Hispanic American - Origins from Mexico, Central America, South America, the Caribbean Basin or any of the Spanish-speaking areas of Latin America
- Native American - American Indian, Eskimo, Aleut or Native Hawaiian
Required of Small Business Participants
- You qualify as a small business based on the applicable small business size standards as defined by the Small Business Administration (SBA). (Go towww.sba.gov)
- Your business can also qualify if it is identified as a government targeted diverse business:
- Veteran-owned small business
- Service-disabled veteran-owned small business
- Women-owned small business
- Certified 8(a) firms
- Small disadvantaged business
- HUBZone business
What We Buy
|Resale: Merchandise||Resale: Home Services||Non-Resale: Expense|
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the online application by clicking here.
- Within 72 hours of submission, your information will be forwarded to the appropriate Buyer for consideration as a potential partner.
- Within 60 days, the buyer will provide a response regarding his/her level of interest in your product or service offering.
Note: You will receive responses for each area to which you apply as they are all typically assigned to different buyers. If an opportunity exists, you may be asked to submit more specific information about your business, product or service.
- The Buyer will then make a final decision from the list of all available suppliers.
Note: You may check the site with The Home Depot login/password provided to follow the status of your application.