Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our paramount concern has been for the health and safety of our customers and associates.
The Home Depot is an essential retailer to the communities we serve, and we’re committed to keeping stores open just as we always do during times of crisis and natural disaster. Homeowners and businesses depend on us for urgent needs such as hot water heaters, refrigerators, electrical and plumbing repairs, and harsh weather items like tarps, propane and batteries.
We’ve made several temporary changes to our business as we look out for your safety and the safety of our associates.
- Promoting social and physical distancing practices in stores by marking floors, adding signage and plexiglass shields to help customers and associates maintain safe distances
- Requiring health checks for associates at the start of their shift
- Increased the frequency of cleaning and general hygiene maintenance in our stores and other locations, following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Disinfecting high-traffic and high-touch areas
- Posting signage concerning handwashing and other preventative actions
- Beginning August 2, customers are asked to wear masks in stores and we will continue to offer masks to those who don’t have one. Masks are required for all associates, contractors and vendors to be worn indoors at all U.S. Home Depot stores, distribution centers, office locations and customer homes or businesses, regardless of vaccination status
Deliveries, Installations & Return Policy:
To best serve our customers during this time, we’ve done the following:
- Expanded free curbside order pickup as an extension of our buy online, pickup in-store option
- Expanded delivery options on orders made at homedepot.com
- Asking all delivery and Home Services associates to follow everyday preventive actions including increased handwashing, disinfecting frequently touched objects, and carrying hand sanitizer
Expanded Benefits for Associates
We’ve supported associates with $2 billion in expanded benefits to help alleviate some of the challenges they may be facing as a result of COVID-19. To date, The Home Depot has:
- Introduced permanent compensation enhancements for frontline hourly associates
- Providing paid time off for any associate who has contracted COVID-19 until released by a doctor
- Relaxed attendance policies
- Waived co-pays for dependent back up care
- Ability to connect with a Grand Rounds clinician to learn more about COVID-19 vaccine safety, efficacy and to find a vaccine near you
We have contributed tens of millions of dollars to support community needs, and have taken the following steps to continue our support:
- Voluntarily froze pricing nationwide across product categories in high demand due to COVID-19
- As soon as the public was made aware of N95 shortages, executed a “Stop-Sale” on all N95 masks in stores and HomeDepot.com and redirected all shipments to be donated to hospitals, healthcare providers and first responders
- Donating millions of dollars in personal protective equipment (PPE) and other products to hospitals, healthcare providers and first responders
- Prioritizing order fulfillment for hospitals, healthcare providers and first responders
- Marshaling the resources of our merchandising and supply chain teams to globally source quality products and expedite the availability of needed items
If you have questions about a delivery, online order or other customer concern, please visit our Help and Customer Service Center.